Prohibited InsidePiano profile content, private messaging, board posting, and e-mailing, behaviors include (but are not limited to):
• profanity, vulgarity, or explicit content. For example:
• “masking” by using alternative characters/spellings and spaces to get around profanity filters, leet-speak, and combinations of words that produce an offensive result (e.g. ura hugeazz, Tow El Head)
• “filter testing”
• discussion of or in-character enactments of “cybering” or sexually explicit material
• discussion of or in-character enactments of graphic violence
• hate speech (e.g. racial, ethnic, sexist, homophobic and religious slurs)
• promotion of or engaging in certain illegal activities, For example: drugs, drug paraphernalia, rape or solicitation of a minor, computer hacking, and copyright violation
• harassment of another specific person (e.g. persistent flaming or continued personal attacks on the boards or “in-character harassment” without prior out-of-character permission.)
• trolling or baiting by putting to the screen inflammatory statements designed to elicit a negative response from the community
• spamming through repeated posts, or off-topic content by word or intent to boards or lists (e.g. scrolling, flooding, polling, or by “bumping” a boards post more than once in 48 hours)
• advertising or promoting a business or commercial site without the permission of the IPT
• impersonation of another person, site staff or IPT member by either screen name or self-representation (e.g. faking a screen name by using similar-looking characters, “spoofing” speech in a chat room, or claiming to hold an official title or position relating to the site or using a IPT avatar frame)
• reregistering a banned username, a variation of a banned name, or declarations under a new screen name that you are “really” the banned name or attempts to resubscribe under another address after being put on REVIEW by the moderator.
• off-topic posts or thread hijacking.
These disruptive behaviors are grounds for removal; InsidePiano.com site admins are the final judges of whether a member’s behavior qualifies as inappropriate or a disruption.
• only one account per user
• Check that your question has not been answered anywhere else on the site. Use the search feature (both on site content and forum).
• Post your comment/question to the most appropriate place. Any posts deemed to be in the wrong forum will be moved. Do not cross-post the same question to multiple places.
• Ask Questions The Smart Way. Read this by Eric Raymond.
• Thank those who help you. Acknowledgement of a helpful suggestion not only placates those who helped you, it may also help others with a similar problem. All those who have been helped on this forum are invited to help other users by responding to their questions when they know the answer and /or to consider donating to the project.
In other words, behave yourself. Treat other people you encounter in the rooms just as you would treat them in person–politely.
If a member of InsidePiano has demonstrated he or she cannot behave, the member will initially have his/her profile banned and will eventually LOSE his or her username.
These procedures are only meant to be rough guidelines, as each profile, board, and content situation is different and may require other measures to ensure the community orientation of the site.
You Can Make InsidePiano a Better Place
Our moderators can’t be everywhere at once. Therefore, if you witness actions in boards, or other areas that you believe harms a guest, damages InsidePiano, or violates IPT’s or some third-party’s rights, please make a note of the time/place where the event occurred and contact a IPT member or site admin immediately. If they aren’t handy, please see our contact page.